Friday, November 13, 2009

DS

So, the girls have asked for a DS this year. I really don't even think they know what they are (I don't). Kennedy I think is asking for one because some girls told her earlier this week, "You need to go back to kindergarten!" because she didn't know what a DS was. I know they are a video game. Are they old enough for them? (6 years old) The games I have found are Pet Shop and stuff like that. What can you do with a game like that? I am so not cool so you cool people out there please enlighten me!

8 comments:

Amy Coontz said...

Kamrie got one about that age, her brothers had them so she wanted one. She got a game where you take care of a baby, a Build a Bear game, and a Disney Princess game. She figured it out pretty quick.

Meggan said...

I have no idea what this is. Can you post a picture when you figure it out? Your halloween picture is too cute!

Chad & Bonny Day said...

We have one, Chad got "me" one for Christmas 2 years ago. It would definitely be old enough for 6 year olds, there are tons of learning games out there, that would be great for their age! I love playing on it, when we're traveling, I play brain games & tetris, sudoku, crossword puzzles etc. It's fun.

Jenny said...

I didn't know they had been around for a couple years. I thought they were new. Where have I been?!

An old lady explain to me what an iphone was a few months ago. I asked her, "are you talking about an ipod?" She then explains to me what an iphone was. Wow, my hopes of being cool are not looking good!

Natalie said...

Don't feel bad, if I didn't have almost teenagers I would have no idea what most of this stuff is either. My 4 year old is asking for a DS simply b/c she sees the commercials. Drew has a PSP that Jolie LOVES to play. Granted, it's only one game, but still. She can turn it on & everything. She's been using some of our older game boys for awhile now, so I think you're girls would love the DS. Check out Game Stop for some used games for cheap.

The Combs said...

We got both of our older kids one for their birthdays this year. They have pretty easy games for their age. But make sure you get them cases to keep the DS and the games in. The games are really little and we seem to constantly be searching for one.

AZ Larsens said...

I've always been anti-video games, but lately I've been thinking maybe they wouldn't be so bad as long as I'm careful about how much time they spend on them and what kinds of games they play. Luckily none of my boys have even talked about them yet... I just REALLY don't want them to be playing 24/7, or worse yet, like these GROWN MEN who are obsessed with video games. (one of my huge pet peeves, luckily Josh doesn't play!)

CHRISTINE said...

Ha! I am so uncool when it comes to technical/ game stuff too. When you figure it out, you'll have to enlighten me too!