Sunday, September 12, 2010

A pretty package

Last month I go to my to my front door to find a pretty big package. I was excited since most of our mail is, bills. My first though is, oh, that is so sweet of my Mom. I notice the package is from a craft store and think that it is something fun for the kids to play with. I open the box and inside is a really nice red box. I lift the lid and there lies a little black newborn baby. He sure was a cute little guy but I was a little taken back as to why he was delivered to our house. (I do miss babies, is this one of Matthew's jokes?) It was addressed to the Moffitts. Uhmmm, was it Matthew's boss getting a doll for the girls. She has been known from time to time to get the kids something. It is usually something more along the lines of a toy of her 16 daughters that she finds in her attic. Then I notice it says on the invoice that it was paid for by Sigmon Law Firm. So I call Matthew and rely to him the above. He tells me that it is for one of his cases. We both have a good laugh. Maddie and Kennedy come home. See the baby and are ready to play with it. "It is so cute," they say. I told them it was Daddy's and they couldn't play with it...to which Maddie replies, "Why does dad have a baby doll?" And Kennedy (my know it all adds) "for show in tell, of course!"

1 comment:

AZ Larsens said...

Okay Jenny, at first you didn't say it was a doll! I was like, "WHAT?!?!" haha! Good morning laugh for me!