Maddie woke up in tears this morning. We prayed all morning long that we would be able to find Blackie...
Matthew got home around 1:30am this morning. He had talked to gas stations, bank, and several other places. He gave them his number and a description of backie. Right after he got home he got a call from a lady that said she saw her in the road and was trying to call her name and get her but she just kept barking at her and running away.
Matthew went the hour and a half back up there and looked for her this morning. He found her finally after about an hour and half or more and she ran away from him. She ran in to a field with brush along this fence. He saw her again after looking for a while. She was shaking and scared to death. Matthew called her and she didn't come. Then he said she finally recognized him and perked up and started crying and trying to get to him. Matthew finally found a way to get her out and she was all over him! She was glad to see him! She is home now and ate and drank like crazy! She is sleeping now. I do not think she did much of that last night.
Poor Matthew when he got home was dripping wet. I asked him why he was so wet. He had a huge sweat shirt on with nothing underneath it so when it reach 70 plus degrees he had to run around in his thick Tennessee sweat shirt. Poor guy. He didn't get much sleep at all last night, he is sick and on antibiotics, he got home at 1:45pm today and had to go into work, not to mention the 3 hour round trip he drove to look for her last night and the three hour round trip to get her today and the hours of walking around looking for blackie last night and today. He deserves a medal! What an amazing husband I have! What a wonderful lesson for our family about prayer.
What's A Sister For?
1 week ago
9 comments:
Awww...what a great guy!! I'm SOO glad you found Blackie, that is so devastating to a child, to lose their pet, it happened to me when I was little and I've never been able to get close to a pet since, too scared i'll lose them again I guess!
Oh my gosh...that is crazy! I bet Matthew is exhausted!! That is amazing that you found your dog! I bet your girls will never forget that story of how their prayers were answered!
This is amazing! Your husband sure is amazing and loves you guys. The girls will never forget this. Thanks for sharing the story.
WOW! Matthew is amazing! I can't believe he did all of that...
I am so glad you found Blackie!! I can't believe she did that! Matthew, you are wonderful to have gone through so much effort to bring her safely home. I hope you are feeling better soon. Betsy
Oh my goodness! This is amazing! Those poor kids - Heavenly Father really does love them, even enough to bring their dog home. So sweet. Luckily they have a daddy who loves them just as much to spend the time finding Blackie.
I saw you yesterday walking with the kids, but I was already passed you when I realized, "Hey that's Jenny!"
Glad you found our blog. Talk to you soon.
Hey there! I saw your blog from the Boston's! How are you? So glad you found your dog. I wish you were still my visiting teacher...you were great! Our blog is private so send me your email at christinepolley@hotmail.com
It will be fun checking in on you guys to see what you're up to!!
Christine Williams
What a sweet story. I'm glad she was found and was okay! Matthew definitely gets a medal in my book for finding her and bringing her home. We lost our Doberman once in McMinnville and Eric drove around for hours looking for him. We found him eventually, but it was a very stressful day. Sounds like Blackie is glad to be home and maybe she has learned a lesson about jumping out of cars!
I think that she has learned her lesson. She is a new dog. On her best behavior, for the moment, at least!
Post a Comment