Where the magic all happened...
Kennedy and I were tracing each other in the sand and making weird faces on the heads.
Building sand castles.
Eli LOVED playing in the sand. He wanted us to put him in a hole and cover him with sand. People walking by were amazed that he would sit there the whole time they walked up and down the beach. He had a few people stop and take pictures with him. He loved it!
Talking on the beach.
The airplane museum. They had some really cool planes.
Goggles make everything so much more FUN!
All tuckered out. Playing at the beach is hard work. Notice he is covered in sand.
Eli feeding the ducks. First he would eat some then he would throw some...

The dolphin cruise. We were able to see lots of dolphins! Seeing a mommy and her babies were the highlight!
Trying out the new sand equipment.
Have to clean up all that sand...what can I say, he loves to vacuum!
The girls loved having a room all to their self. It even had a TV in it. A REAL treat!
One of the the partners at the firm Matthew works for has a house in Destin and was kind enough to invite our family to stay for a week. A few weeks ago we we decided to take advantage of this wonderful opportunity. It as SO MUCH fun! The kids have asked several times if we could move to "Kay's house" and "when can we go back" and "can we go to Kay's this weekend?" I am glad that they had so much fun and were able to create such wonderful family memories.We stayed up late and watched movies, played at the beach all day long, swam in the swimming pool, fed the ducks, went on a dolphin cruise, took evening walks on the beach, searched for shells, played games, went to the aviation museum, dug lots of holes, made sand angels and castles and enjoyed every minute if it!!!
It was absolutely fabulous and I was sad to come home. I enjoyed spending time with the kids and loved have Matthew with me all day long...I have to admit I would look at him there with us and think, could this can any better...
8 comments:
Looks like so much fun! Pensacola/Alabama beaches are the best in the world! We went last spring and the boys want to move there! Glad you got to go!
HOW WONDERFUL!!! I hear Destin is soo beautiful! We are wanting to go so bad, we shall see! I'm soo glad you guys were able to have such a fun vacation.
Great pictures, Jenny. Looks like great fun, too! --Debby
I love it! I am nipping at the bit for a good memory making family vacation right now!! I loved our family vacations growing up- didn't you join on one????
That looks like an awesome vacation! I'm so glad you guys got to go!!!
Abby was reading this with me and she wants to say "If I would go on that dolphin cruise, I would be happy" :)
I am so glad you guys went. I'm so glad you had fun. I want to move to Kay's house too.
I am not sure MK. I know I spent LOTS of time with your family and did go to your Aunts house with Meghan a couple times. I don't have a good memory though. Do you remember one?
How did I miss all these posts? This looks like so much fun!
Post a Comment