Sunday, June 22, 2008

A New Hope...Hopefully

After searching through the closet for something to wear to church today, I have made a decision, I have to do some toning up and get into shape starting MONDAY. I am so tired of having one pair of pants that fit me and having only two t-shirts that look like I am not trying to fit into my children’s 4T clothes. I do not have anything to wear to church that isn’t too tight. It is depressing, so, starting Monday no more cookie dough or sweets for me. This is going to be really hard for me. I never have been one for sweets until I was pregnant with Eli and for some reason I am addicted. My brother and sister in law have been running and I would love to start doing that. I am not sure when I am going to have time to go running but I am going to try my darnest to do it. How do all you others find time to exercise with little ones at home?

4 comments:

AZ Larsens said...

Oh my gosh, we are living parallel lives, I swear. I've never been crazy about sweets either until I was pregnant with Samuel! Now I seriously can't control myself. If it's in the house, I'm eating it. And cookie dough is my downfall! Yikes...
It's hard to find time to work out. I work out at 6:30am right when Josh gets home from work. Then he goes to bed after. We bought a treadmill off craigslist b/c it's so much more convenient. It's hard to leave the house when you've got little kids.

Haley Hale said...

Bonnie has started a "fitness group" called Smokin' Hot Mamas. She sends out a workout schedule and you tally up points for achieving different fitness tasks throughout the month. She even gives a prize for the people with the most points. If you are interested, email me and I will get you on the list! My email is haleyhhale at yahoo dot com. (don't forget the extra h in the middle or it goes to some other haley hale out there!) And thank you for all the sweet comments you have left on my blog. I keep meaning to thank you for it, but someone always starts crying and I don't get the chance!

Charity said...

Jenny, I'm with you too. I haven't run since the 1/2 marathon because I just can't find the time. The best time would be the early morning, but I stay up too late hoping to spend a little time with Nathan. If I think of something I'll share!

One Happy Family said...

I enjoy walking and playing outside with my boys. I also think that another good way to get in shape is play with your kids. My personal favorite game is tag. Yes, I'm almost 27 and I still love tag. Also, I remember Aden and I were learning about rabbits and I started showing him how bunnies hop and it turned out to be a great workout.